CINESEEDS YOUTH AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
A youth leadership platform that shines a light on human rights through film and the arts.
The 2018 CineSeeds Youth Ambassador Program is now calling for new Ambassadors! If you would like to become a CineSeeds Ambassador this year, please sign up here!
We are now are looking for regional and rural Ambassadors across Victoria! Do you live outside the inner Melbourne area but wish to become a Youth Ambassador? Please email the CineSeeds Coordinator and we will send you more information.
What’s it like to be a CineSeeds Youth Ambassador? (watch the video)
See CineSeeds Movie Poster Competition here!
The CineSeeds Youth Ambassador program invites young people to raise awareness around human rights with their peers in a supported and informed way. We provide Ambassadors with resources, films and speakers that provoke discussion and educate around important issues.
The CineSeeds Festival event includes two films that selected for two very different age groups: Junior (Junior & Primary School) and Senior Ambassador (Senior & High School). In May, 2017 the Melbourne CineSeeds festival event took place at ACMI where 500 young people and their communities gathered at ACMI for an afternoon of cinema and inspiring speakers focussed on sharing Indigenous culture and storytelling.
WHAT DOES AN AMBASSADOR DO?
The role of the CineSeeds Ambassador is:
- to promote awareness of what human rights are
- to bring communities together for a film event
- to continue the discussion, which we believe will lead to change
There’s many different ways to do this but the idea is to tell all your friends, parents of friends, families and teachers all about it. Ideas may include:
- Emailing a CineSeeds invitation to your friends
- Talking to your class about the importance of human rights and the festival (we even give you a presentation you can use if you like!)
- Presenting at school assemblies
- Putting a notice in the school newsletter
- Putting up posters at your school or in your community
- Organising groups of your friends and community to come to the event
- And of course, attending the event!
There’s no formula Ambassadors have to follow. It’s up to each Ambassador to be as creative as they like.
WHAT ARE HUMAN RIGHTS?
Human rights are a basic set of rights that every single person in the world is entitled to.
Examples of “hot spot” human rights issues that affect young people today are: bullying, child rights, gender equality, environmental rights, poverty, freedom of speech, racism, the right to seek asylum and equal access and rights for all abilities.
For instance: did you know that an estimated 250 million kids aged 5-14 in developing countries are currently working?
WANT TO BE INVOLVED?
This is an honour, with limited places available. If you would like to make a stand for human rights and promote the awareness and discussion of human rights issues, put your hand up to become an Ambassador.
We are seeking kids who enjoy being leaders, from a variety of different schools and community groups.
To register your interest, please contact the CineSeeds Coordinator.
RESOURCES FOR 2018 AMBASSADORS TO CAMPAIGN:
- The printed ambassador packs contain colour fliers, posters and an information guide to get you started.
- The digital tools in the CineSeeds Ambassador Toolkit include trailers, animations and more.
- For parents and Ambassadors over 13 years of age, connect with Social Media! Like our Facebook Page or follow our Instagram page and share your pics @cineseeds.